That's a great question. Now that "Exes & Ohs" is done, and given that the official promotion train won't really start chugging until August or so, what now? What am I doing? What have I been doing? And why on earth has it taken me more than a month to post?
Good questions all...
And to answer those questions, here's a brief recap of the past month and a half in the life of Michelle Paradise:
1. I signed with a literary agent and a manager. Representation is critical in this business and I'm happy to now be working with these guys. They're great. Team Paradise, as they like to call themselves, is - at this very moment - strategizing ways to help me conquer the world. Which means, stay tuned... :-)
2. I've been working on a feature script that my reps are really excited about. You may have heard the adage "writing is rewriting." It's so true. If you're a writer who hates rewriting, my suggestion would be to find another career. Fortunately, I'm in the right career because I love it... which is good, because I've been doing plenty of it. I can't tell you much about the script - but I'll hopefully be able to give you some good news about it very soon!
3. I've also been writing a new tv pilot... that's top-secret too, but it won't be for long!
4. I hired a web guru to redesign my web site
. If you haven't been to it yet, check it out now because in the next month or so it'll look completely different.
5. I got new headshots. My old headshots were great but they were... well... old. As in a few years ago old. Actors typically get new headshots every few years and so it was time for me. Honestly, I don't look much different today than I did a few years ago, except that my hair's a bit longer now. Oh, and I just got five new eyebrow piercings and a tattoo on the tip of my nose. But other than that - and the collagen I just pumped into my lips - I look exactly the same. The headshots turned out great, by the way. They will all be featured on the new web site so you'll get to see them soon.
6. And last, but certainly not least, I sat down this morning and wrote this post, which is very happy-making because now I can take the note off my desktop reminding me to write a post. :-)