4.10.2008

Dinah recap - and some upcoming events

Whew...  I'm back, I've recovered, and I got to keep my fashion show outfits!!!  Thanks, Peeler!  :-)

The Dinah Shore weekend was a blast. I performed with some of the gals from "The Big Gay Sketch Show" (who are hilarious!) during the Ladies of Logo comedy hour, did an all-improv show with the ladies of afterellen (including the lovely Marnie, who plays Sam in XO), made some announcements at the pool, pretended to be a supermodel during the fashion show, did a bunch of interviews, and stopped for a lot of photos. 

Oh, and did I mention, I got to meet: PAT BENATAR!!! She was the headlining performer on Saturday night and absolutely, positively rocked the house with her performance. She was amazing! AMAZING!!  The only way I can manage to pull together half her energy is when I'm loaded with coffee.

That said, I'd like to add that my day is starting off quite energetically, thank you very much... Maybe not Pat Benatar energetically - but behold what I have right next to me on my desk:


If you pick up your computer monitor and turn it upside down, you'll notice that the coffee is actually smiling at me...   Cheery, isn't it!

Okay, back to the Dinah - because I would be completely remiss if I didn't also mention that the thing I loved most about this past weekend was getting to talk to people who had seen "Exes & Ohs" (last year, the show wasn't out yet and most people hadn't even heard of it). It was just so great to get that feedback in person... everyone we met was friendly, positive, and incredibly respectful.  It was such a pleasure to be there, and I really hope we can return next year...

As for me, I am about to start packing my bags because I've got two really cool events coming up!  This Sunday, I'll be at the Ft. Lauderdale pride event... and next weekend (I don't know the days yet) I'll be at the Nashville Film Festival.  I've never been to either city and am really excited to visit!  Hopefully I'll remember to do a better job with photos so I can post them here...  :-)

Once I'm back, I'll be gearing up for the GLAAD media awards on April 26.  "Exes & Ohs" is nominated for best comedy series alongside “Ugly Betty” (ABC), “Desperate Housewives” (ABC), “Sarah Silverman” (Comedy Central), and “The War at Home” (FOX).  Um... WOW!

Then on May 20, the "Exes & Ohs" season 1 DVD comes out!!!!!  I can't give you details yet, but trust me when I say that this will be an exciting release... with super-cool bonus materials... and you will want to mark it on your calendars!

May 20 is also the day of the NBA draft lottery, and I'm currently weighing my options.  Should I leave the entertainment business for a career in professional basketball?  I don't know.  I just don't know.   It's a really tough decision.  

I need another cup of coffee.  I have to think about all this...    

6 Comments:

Blogger eyesmiling said...

I'm fairly sure your call is in the basketball. It's fairly obvious from your hair, that that's the hair of an NBA-er, to be sure. Good luck in the locker room though. There's a whole lotta penis going-on up in there.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat Benatar!!! Wow, you're luuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkky!

I've been sending emails to Logo to let them know I want Exes & Ohs back for a second season... They still say they have no word yet... :(

But hooray for May 20th!

...oh, and please stick to show business... i just couldn't bring myself to watch you in basketball. baseball maybe... but your comedic hilarity might suffer...

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

04/11/2008

I'm glad things are going so well for you.
Note to self: April 26, GLAAD, May 20, "Exes & Ohs" on DVD. Got it!!
Pat Benatar-woo hoo! (Anyone remember "Invincible" from "The Legend of Billie Jean," starring the wonderful and lovely Helen Slater?? Yowzaa!!!). Anyone remember Ms. Benatar's video of "Invincible?" Double yowzaa!.
MP, you got to work with some of the female members of "The Big Gay Sketch Show??" I hope you got to work with Kate McKinnon, who I think is an incredibly amazing and talented young woman. I love Prince Fitzwilliam.....
I am sooo envious, but in a very good way. :-)
Anyway, please keep us informed when you can, MP. It's always a pleasure to read your updates.
I hope Logo is considering more eps of "Exes & Ohs."
I hope you stick to show business. I'm sure you'd be fantastic with a career at basketball,but I'd be afraid you'd get hurt or something.
Ya think you might ever get down to the Atlanta, Georgia area???
Take care.

5:20 PM  
Blogger nico said...

don't you dare to play basketball ... you'll write us a second season ... basketball ... pfft ... can't you write yourself some basketball scenes into season 2??? *bambieyes ... blinkadiblink ... and YAY for smiling coffee =D i especially like the fact that you're noticing these things =D vanilla coffee creamer???
and yay for the lobsterclaws, (crossing my fingers for the glaad award) ... and i am counting the days for the release of the cd ... it are 36 =D ... i love it when e-mails work =D

have a great time at the awards

waves to janice =D

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle, I feel so bad that I didn't have a chance to say Hola! to you at The Dinah and tell you that I enjoyed your show. YAY! for a DVD.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Nancy VanReece said...

We are THRILLED to have you in Nashville and I look forward to showing you how cool a blue city a in a red state can be.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home