2.16.2008

wow, this is a long overdue post...

Thank you all for your patience - and for the messages you've sent just checking in and saying hi to me. I really appreciate it. And rituximab, my apologies for leaving the same old stuff up on the blog for you to read after work... Bad Michelle, bad! I could offer a million excuses, from the slow/painful death of my old laptop to the lingering chest cold that's been lingering a few weeks too long - but let's just be honest: I need to get back on the ball!!! So here I am, on the ball. :-)

So let's get the ball rolling with a bunch of updates...

--------------

First, some FANTASTIC news:

"Exes & Ohs" was nominated for a GLAAD media award as Best Comedy Series! We're in absolutely amazing company, as you can see from the list of nominees:

Desperate Housewives (ABC)
Exes and Ohs (Logo)
The Sarah Silverman Program (Comedy Central)
Ugly Betty (ABC)
The War at Home (Fox)

One word: WOW!!! :-) It's an incredible honor to be included in that category and it just says so much about all the work that everyone did on the series: our crew, our actors, our network execs, the entire Logo team... Everyone poured their hearts into this project and I think it really shows. I couldn't be more proud of what we've accomplished - and the nomination itself feels like a huge win for all of us...

If anyone from the GLAAD nominating committee is reading this blog, then please accept this huge THANK YOU on behalf of all of us for this recognition...

--------------

Shifting gears a little, how about some PR news:

In case you haven't seen it yet, I'm featured in the current issue of Curve Magazine (it's a really nice article). If you don't get Curve where you live and are just dying to see what pearls of wisdom I might have to share, you can order the issue via their web site by clicking here.

Also, I'm going to be a guest on Fruit Salad radio at 7:45pm (PST) this Wednesday night! For details, check out the Fruit Salad web site.

And last but certainly not least, yours truly will be making oodles of appearances at the upcoming Dinah Shore weekend - including participating in a fashion show!!! I know... "yikes" was my first thought, too! ;-) For information about the weekend, you know what to do! (click here)

--------------

What else:

I've been spending a lot of time working on a new project that I'm really excited about and proud of. I think I've alluded to it on the blog before (or on my web site - I don't remember which). I still can't say much about it right now - but I expect that in the not-so-distant future I'll have some really good news to report on it... Keep your fingers crossed for me!

--------------

And on a personal note:

I'd like to take a moment to encourage all of you to recycle any electronics (televisions, laptops, cell phones, iPods, etc.) that you no longer need. There are a lot of places that offer recycling - but sadly, many companies simply ship the electronics to developing nations where they end up in landfills or along rivers and roads, polluting the local environment and exposing people to toxic chemicals. There was a great article about this in a recent National Geographic, if you'd like to read more.

It takes a bit of research to find "green" electronics recycling, but those companies are out there. A great place to start is GreenDisk. All of the material that GreenDisk collects is reused or recycled. No hazardous materials or obsolete components go overseas to be processed or disposed of.

Apple also offers free "green" recycling of iPods and cell phones (any cell phone - not just iPhones). Click here for information. They also have recycling programs for other Apple products.

And in case you're wondering: Yes, my sad, dead laptop is being recycled in a "green" way at this very moment... :-)

--------------

I guess that's about it for now. Thank you all for continuing to read. And please keep checking back here for new posts... I promise they'll come more regularly!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

(and a special p.s. to the anonymous teen for his/her comment post... thank you so much for commenting, and I'm really happy that I could help in some way...)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you’re back on the ball! ;-) It's good to read you again. That's some fantastic news for the Best Comedy Series Nomination! It's amazing to see your show nominated along with some pretty famous shows worldwide! :) I'm so proud of you! You must be ecstatic!

I cross your finger for your new project i'm sure it's going to be totally awesome, as always, and I look forward knowing more about it.

Thanks for all those links and thank you even more for writing about recycling... I couldn't agree more...

Ps: may your laptop rest in peace and reincarnate as a beautiful new environmentally-friendly computer ;)

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2/17/2008
Color me SO IMPRESSED with the GLAAD nomination. That is fantastic, and you definitely deserve the nomination (not to mention the win!!).
Thanks for the update. I was beginning to get kinda worried.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!!

Welcome back! I won't mention how we were wondering if you were everrrrrr going to update again!

Congrats on the nom - you all deserve it and, how cool is that? And glaad (ha ha) to hear your other projects are going well too. I won't mention the glaring omission about S2 for X & O's and just assume it's still in limbo....fingers still crossed for you in both arenas.

Wow! Great to have you back!

7:02 AM  
Blogger nico said...

a GLAAD nomination? and you think that should surprise me? i saw the show, of course you got a nomination =D

i am sooooooo proud of you!!!

wearing my beaver shirt with more pride now ;D

and doing lobsterclaws for the award!!!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a totally off topic question for you, if I may...I've noticed (in several writer's blogs, actually) you use a single space between sentences. Growing up in the UK I was taught in Eng. Comp. to use a single space; writing for my job here I was corrected to two; in my writing class - also two...just curious as to your opinion!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Bianca Reagan said...

I didn't know you had a blog. How cool! I love your show. I really relate to the main character's dorkiness. When will there be more episodes?

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: anonymous teenager


my eyeballs almost jumped out of my head when I read the end of your post. a couple sentences written from the depths of an obscure person usually doesn't reach anyone.. least of all THE michelle paradise. if you do recall, I'm that Emma who likened you to martians on a random facebook message, and who forgot to put an e at the end of the adjective "prudent" when blabbering about phishers (just thought the french teacher in you might have cringed to read that as I did afterwards).
why did I bother to explain all that rather than just quietly cherish the exhilaration of being acknowledged as the anonymous teenager, and risk being seen as a fanatic with way too much time on her hands? I guess this is my way of coming out with an identity, even as limited as it is known to you. anonymous is no one; I am someone.

and I guess I'm saying this because there is a certain element of indescribable wonder in finding a role model on youtube, in sending out deepest secrets out into the void and hearing a response when I never imagined for the life of me even one word, and in feeling connected with myself and who I am through the wonderful words and expression of another's work. I guess I’m writing this because there are rare moments where the world becomes ablaze with magic, where chance seems like meaning, and chances must be taken.

so I'm seizing this chance to write out into the void another expression of admiration and appreciation, for so many moments of magic.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!..why do people say back on the ball?. I was glad to hear exes & Ohs will be released on DVD., sure i read it somewhere?.
Has for the big project..will it be the exes & ohs film!!!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Natazzz said...

Glad to see you're back. I missed reading your posts.

1:38 PM  
Blogger YourGaydar said...

Thanks so much for posting something to your blog, Michelle. I know how hard it can be to make the time to sit and write--I'm procrastinating writing a book chapter right now--and I don't have even half the things you do going on in my life. So, welcome back to the "internets" and don't disappear for so long, girl! :o) xoxo

7:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm only recently finding out about Exes & Ohs. Rules stay the same even in other latitudes!

Congratulations on the nomination, and have a great time on the Dinah Shore weekend.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home