11.05.2007

long time, no post...

Hi everyone... and thank you all for your patience during my travel absence. In the past month, I've been from the west coast (San Francisco, Seattle, Portland) to the east coast (NY) and on an Olivia cruise that took me from San Diego to Puerto Vallarta - all in the name of "Exes & Ohs!"

But I'm back - and today I'm giving you a recap, a what-now, and I'm answering some of your most recent questions. That's a lot to do... so let's get started!

RECAP
-- In SF, Seattle, and Portland, I got to screen the first two episodes of the show and then answer audience questions... I also filmed one of my afterellen video blogs from my hotel room in Seattle. If you'd like to check it out, click here.

-- In NY, I did radio appearances on the "Ryan & Caroline Show" (ClearChannel Radio) and the "Derek & Romaine Show" (XM Satellite Radio), was interviewed for the NewNowNext Noise video blog, and I got to meet and thank all the talented folks in Logo's NY offices who have helped to put "Exes & Ohs" on the map (and on the air and online). And, of course, I appeared at a Go Magazine event with Margaret Cho and The Cliks!! Here's a photo of all of us together:

Oh, and did I mention that my entire NY trip was only a day and a half???? Whew! I'd have stayed longer, but I had to leave the next day for...

-- The Olivia cruise! I went with Megan Cavanagh (who plays Chris) and we had a great time. Our screening was a HUGE success! We were originally supposed to do it in the ship's screening room, which seats maybe 60 people. When Megan and I first arrived, it was about half full. Then, in the middle of us saying to each other that we really hoped more people would arrive, we turned around and saw that the room was filled... and then standing room only... and then a line out the door!! There were so many people that we had to move our screening to the large theater, where Lili Tomlin had performed on the first night!! It was fantastic... And the folks at Olivia were very kind and took great care of us.


WHAT NOW
Now I'm back home - and back to work! What does that mean? Well, I'm continuing to do weekly "Exes & Ohs" video blogs for afterellen... they're usually posted on Tuesday mornings and you can check them out on the afterellen site.

I'm also working on a new television project, meeting about some acting projects, and I have a couple of other things in the works that hopefully I'll be able to tell you about very soon... And, of course, I'm getting ready for this Sunday's Power Up awards!! I'm very proud and excited to be one of this year's recipients...


YOUR QUESTIONS... ANSWERED
To: Anonymous, who wanted to know how many episodes are in this season.
There are six. In the U.S., episode #5 airs tonight (in Canada, it airs on Thursday). There's no hidden 7th episode... so after you see episode 6, that's it for now. We're keeping our fingers crossed for a second season. As soon as I know, you'll know!

To: Nico_lette, Francyne, Blue, and other readers around the world who don't get the show where they are.
Thank you so much for writing - and I'm sorry you're not able to see the show yet... I've let the folks at Logo know that I'm hearing from you, and I know they're working on making the show available outside of the U.S. and Canada. In the meantime, please send them an email and let them know who you are, where you are, and that you'd like to get "Exes & Ohs." That information will help them a lot! Also, just so you know, the afterellen site does recaps of the show every week that are simply hysterical! So until you can see the show, you can at least keep up with the storylines...

To: Janice, who wants to know when I have time to catch my breath.
Fortunately, I've asked several friends to breathe for me and they've been doing a great job at it, so I'm fine. ;-)

To: Anonymous, who wants to know if I can get Showcase to post additional episodes of "Exes & Ohs" on their site.
Sorry, Anonymous... I wish I could help you, but sadly my tremendously impressive superpowers always seem to be gone the minute I wake up. ;-) However, YOU - yes, YOU! - have your own tremendously impressive superpower... email! The folks over at Showcase are very nice and they appreciate viewer feedback on their shows. So feel free to contact them and tell them that you'd like to see more of "Exes & Ohs" on their site. In the meantime, the great news for you is that you can see all the webisodes on the Showcase site (and on the Logo site as well). A webisode, by the way, is basically a scene that wasn't included in the actual episode that aired on television. So enjoy!


Thank you all for continuing to read this blog and follow along on my journey with me. We've been getting great responses from viewers and critics alike about the show - and I couldn't be more proud. I'll come back later this week to share some of our reviews with you but in the meantime, enjoy the show!

And if you like what you're seeing, please take a moment to let Logo know. The viewer feedback means a lot to them - and to us.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

110/05/07

Wheee! I'm the first to post!!
I'm glad you're back,Michelle. You have been missed here in Georgia and I'm sure places all over the world (hi, nico!!!).
I could gush and embarass both of us, but let me just say that I've never fallen in love with a television show until "Exes & Ohs" came along. Thank you so much for all the laughs, "awww-Jen is so adorable moments," not to mention quite a lot of "sniffles," particularly at the Jen and Sam "conflicts."
I'm really caring about the five "main" characters, and want to learn much more about Emmy.
Six episodes will just not cut it!!
I'll contact LOGO (again) tonight after the ep.
Thanks again, Michelle. You rock, dude!!!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Michelle!! Muchos saludos desde las Islas Canarias (Canary Island, Spain) . Ánimo y mucha suerte!

Joblue84

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to hear from you again! Thanks for sharing :)

GOOD LUCK for Power Up! I'm so happy for you! It's already a great achievement to be nominated!

I also look forward to your new TV projects! Oh and I'll definitely write to people in Logo to see if the show can be watched someday from France.

I got a very unoriginal question: when did the idea of writing about lesbian rules FIRST came up to your mind? I mean when did it become obvious to you that you had to write about that lesbian kind of patterns? I’m sure you answered like a thousand times to that question but anyway… I hope my English is clear enough though.

Take care and enjoy your crazy life!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey michelle,

thanks so much for sharing your journey with us too! We appreciate it a lot. When you said there was only going to be 5 episodes or so I gasped in horror :( I'll cross my fingers there's a second season, and sooner rather than later haha :) xoxo

1:33 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Hi Michelle,

I've got two questions...First, if Exes & Ohs get's picked up for a 2nd season when would that air? And second, I know that the first season is already shot/done, but concerning more future episodes, would production be delayed at all by the writer's strike?

10:35 AM  
Blogger Uta Refson said...

Hey there!
I am a bit saddened this week because I get my Exes & Ohs off of iTunes and it has not been posted yet.
Does this have anything to do with the writer's strike?
Awaiting episode 5 with giddy anticipation.
Thanx for the post!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for defining what a webisode is! I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't recall seeing the webisode clip in the actual tv episode I had just watched! lol

I love that the characters on 'Exes and Ohs' could be women in my neighbourhood - and some I wish were! ;) It seems more real than other shows. Good luck with your projects!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Sweetie,
I've been keeping my Xs&Os buzz going by catching up with your blog (silly, silly, silly - it's great) and following links until I found myself here (Who am I? How did I get here? May I leave now?)

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess that answers that question. Anyway, also caught you on Derek & Romaine (for my daily dose of silliness) and thought you might wish to note they're on Sirius, although XM might soon get the opportunity to be Sirius too.

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing you popping up sometimes on my TV. X O

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home