9.24.2007

cool things last week

This is a bit of a delayed post, but I did a couple of really cool things last week that I wanted to make sure I shared on the blog...

On Tuesday, I went to the Advocate's 40th anniversary party - which was amazing. If you're not familiar with the Advocate, here's a link to their site. They've covered some incredible stories over the years and have been consistently at the forefront of reporting on and bringing to light LGBT news and issues. It was a privilege for me to be invited and to get to walk the red carpet with the likes of Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, T.R. Knight, Katherine Heigl, John Amaechi and XO's very own Heather Matarrazzo. And I'd be lying if I didn't also mention that I had a great time. :-)

Then, bright and early the next day (well, not too early), I had my photo shoot! It was fantastic... and I'd like to give a huge shout out to the incredibly talented photographer, hair stylist, and makeup guru. I hope you'll take time to visit their respective sites. Their work is gorgeous.

The shoot wasn't just great because of the photography team or because I had such a good time doing it. It was also great because it was a "first" for me. If you've been reading this blog for a while, then you've been able to follow along with some of my other firsts... first series of my own (that's an obvious one), first red carpet event, etc. And last week's photo shoot was a first because it was the first one I've done for a specific magazine!

"But wait," you say. "I've seen photos of you and the cast in magazines before. What about those?"

Allow me to explain... Logo has a bunch of great photos that were taken during the huge gallery shoot we did while filming season 1 (if you're new to my blog, you can read all about it in the December 2006 archive; the posting date was Dec. 2). Logo provides them to journalists and online/print publications who are doing pieces on or about the show... so those are the photos you've seen thus far. But sometimes, a publication will want to do its own photo shoot to accompany a feature or cover article, and that's what I got to do last week. So, very soon, my brand-new-never-before-seen-and-unlike-anything-else-I've-ever-done-before photos will go to print, as will the article. Yay!

Thanks for sharing this new "first" with me - and I'll definitely let you know when that article will be available on a newsstand near you...

2 Comments:

Blogger nico said...

wow, i am not sure about the makeup, but the pictures are amazing, sounds like something new to look forward too.

damnit, you'll cause me a heartattack with all this excitement =D

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

09/24/2007
Another post?? Already??? WOW, I'm really starting to get dizzy from all this activity.
Everything sounds like it's going fabulously well for you, MP.
I'm gonna be in withdrawal from Sept.30 to late Oct.7, as I'll be on vacation with no internet access. Boo hoo, I'll really miss you guys! However, I should be back in time for the historical event.
Hi, nico!!!
Ya'll take care!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home