11.17.2006

the press release... and the title!

The network has done the official announcement of our show... which means I can now do the official announcement of our title!!!!

Are you ready? (drum roll please)

The show will be called..... "Exes & Ohs" :-)

Below are two of the pieces of the press release that I've found.

One reads:

MTV's Logo has ordered six episodes of Exes and Ohs, a scripted comedy about lesbian friends and relationships, from Blueprint Prods. Based on the short film The Ten Rules: A Lesbian Survival Guide, production begins this week in Vancouver and will premiere in 2007. Exes and Ohs follows the adventures of Jennifer (Michelle Paradise), a documentary filmmaker, and her search for Ms. Right in Seattle, WA.

-------------------

Another (available at http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid39487.asp) reads:

Logo begins production on lesbian sitcom

Exes and Ohs, the Logo channel's new lesbian comedy series, has begun production in Vancouver, Canada, network president Brian Graden announced Thursday.

Exes and Ohs follows the romantic entanglements of Jennifer (Michelle Paradise) and her gay pals in caffeinated Seattle. One of those friends is Crutch, a wannabe rock star played by gay actress Heather Matarazzo.

The sitcom is based on the short film The Ten Rules: A Lesbian Survival Guide. Paradise, Lee Friedlander, Billy Grundfest, and Blueprint Productions serve as executive producers on the show. The six-episode, half-hour series will premiere in 2007. (The Advocate)

----------------

I guess that means our shooting location is no longer a "secret," so I can now feel free to mention that, yes, we are in Vancouver... and, yes, it's raining again. ;-)

And now, back to work!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - I'm new to this and a late-comer to the blog, but here goes...

Saw the film, loved it! I really enjoy your work.

I stumbled onto your blog - can't remember how I found it exactly - probably those wacky google guys again. I'm so glad I did. It's been great to read the process of how your series has come together. You always hear nightmare stories about how someone's creative project gets butchered once a network/production company gets involved. It's nice to know it can actually be a positive experience and manage keep the integrity of the writers intent intact.

Great title. Guess I better get on it and get Logo!

Anyway, thanks for taking time out of your hectic schedule to share with all of us - and congratulations!

AB

p.s. BYU - really? I had friends down that way. I graduated an hour north and years before you (early 90s).

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, my kid tells me the name of her show and where she's been for the past month. Phew, I was afraid they were filming in Iraq.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you finally have an official title, even though I'm not that crazy about it, but that's just me.
Thanks for another update, Michelle. I know this is going to continue to be a wonderful journey for you as well as those of us faithfully following your career.(Hi, nico!!!!! Thanks for waiting for me to post before you!!!!)
Hi to "Dad."
PS. Michelle, have you mentioned exactly why you couldn't use the original title, or something similar???
Now I'm going to google and see if I can find more info.
Ya'll have a great weekend and safe and happy Thanksgiving.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again. Since I'm detail oriented I felt I should at least mention this. I just "googled," and the first thing that came up for "Exes and Ohs" is a book by Beth Kendrick. The first several links to to "Exes and Ohs" refer and link to that book.
Is there any connection between Beth Kendrick and you??
You can just put the above info from me in the "for what it's worth category."
Take care. Hi to all Michelle fans!!!!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great title....

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones, Michelle. I hope you get to celebrate and chill a bit from your hectic schedule.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else, too!
(Janice also jumps up and down, waves and says "hey, nico!! It's been a while!").

8:33 PM  
Blogger nico said...

everyone posted?

good =D

janice... do you think all this jumping is good for your shoulder?

i like exes and ohs ... HAH! i really like it, sounds like a GREAT show =D ... when will it be released in germany?!?
oh and speaking about selling it to europe... please, please, PLEASE!!!! don't even think about using the same translator, the l-word-crew used... it sucked supreme ... promise!!! translations will not be made by the wanker who translated the l-word ... PLEASE!!!!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! nico's back!!!
Now maybe Michelle can come join the party again soon!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home