7.27.2006

at last... pictures! (but no title)

Chalk this one up to the fact that I'm learning as I go...

In my last post [which was well over a week ago - so, no, you didn't misunderstand the English, Nico, but perhaps I need a refresher course... ;-)] I confidently announced that we'd have a title for the show in about a week. Well, as you may have guessed, that week has come and gone... without a title. We've had many discussions about possible titles and the network is in the process of clearing a few of them with their legal department, but the choosing-the-title process is a bit more complicated than I realized. And it's not necessarily done once a particular title has been cleared and selected. Apparently, until the network really begins to market a show, they can still modify the title... and sometimes do, depending on their needs. That said, I'll still let you know when we have a title - but don't get too excited about it until you start seeing the posters, billboards, or magazine ads... ;-)

But I do have something that you CAN get excited about... that's right, folks... I have pictures!

First, let me introduce you to the Loft Building - it's one of the three MTV buildings in Santa Monica. Our offices are on the first floor, which looks like this:

You can't see it very well, but my office is along that hallway in the center of the photo... the last green door on the left. Billy's is next to mine and Lee's is next to his. As before, we're all in a row.


You'll notice that the walls aren't pink and purple down here on the first floor. Only the lucky folks on the second floor (where our offices were before) get the pink and purple walls. Now we get pressed wood walls with lots of posters on them - as you can see from the U2 and Hives posters in the picture. I haven't decided which is cooler: pink and purple walls or pressed wood walls. If you have an opinion, feel free to share it... but please keep in mind that we're not moving back up to the second floor anytime soon, so if you think the pink and purple walls are cooler then I'll just feel bad. But don't let that influence you at all. ;-)

As I mentioned above, there are posters all over the walls on the first floor... and yes, there's also one on the wall just outside my office:

I'd like to think that having this right outside my office door makes me cool... but I could be wrong.





But I'm not wrong about the foosball table! Now this IS cool... and it's right outside our row of offices. In case you're not familiar with foosball, I took a photo of the table too!

The aforementioned U2 poster is on the wall behind it.







And now, for my actual office. Please keep in mind that since we've just moved in (and since Billy and I still spend a lot of time at Good Earth, so we're not in the office that often), this is the "undecorated" version:
Unless, of course, you consider a whiteboard with a calendar on it to be "decoration." Which I don't...





And last, but certainly not least, a special photo-explanation for Francyne, who has been patiently reading all about my vanilla coffee creamer triumphs and woes - without any idea what vanilla coffee creamer actually is.

Well, Francyne, vanilla coffee creamer is kind of like 1/2 and 1/2 - but it doesn't actually have any dairy in it. It's basically a bunch of chemicals made to taste like vanilla and you add it to your coffee and it tastes oh-so-good. The kind you can buy in the grocery store must be kept in the refrigerator... but the kind they have in the MTV kitchens are in little plastic packages that come out of a box with no refrigeration necessary (I know that should scare me, but it doesn't).

When I was in the offices yesterday, I discovered - to my utter horror - that the kitchen only had regular Coffee Mate and not the vanilla kind that makes me smile... I was disappointed. And as you can see from the photo, even the Coffee Mate itself was disappointed at being the "regular" flavor and not the "vanilla" flavor...


Oh well.







And now that I've spent waaaay too much time posting photos, it's time for me to get back to work. We're in the process of "breaking" the second episode right now - which means we're taking the characters' storylines for that episode and weaving them together into scenes. No dialogue at this point... just a bullet-point list of what happens with each character in each scene in each act. I love this stuff!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

07/27
Thanks for another one of your amusing and unique updates. I LOVE them!!!
I give a thumbs up to the pressed wood walls,'cause you can put a lot of stuff on them to cover them up.
That lime green chair in your office is kinda "fugly," though, IMO.
Yay, you have an office.
"They like you! They really like you!"

2:01 PM  
Blogger nico said...

thankyouthankyouthankyou... such a nice long post, with this many photos... i think i should use this pressure trick again sometime =D

seems you have a really nice place (pressed wood is totaly cool... but i'm sorry for you, for not having any toilet paper ;D) anyway - THREE goalies on your kicker... what kind of whimps built that thing? when i first saw it i jumped up and down a bit and wanted to ask if you can need any help over there... nooooo i don't need a greencard... who spoke of working... i was planning to hang around this table and force people into play instead of work =D ... but three goalies? ... THREE? ... hmmm... hey i can bring a screwdriver to remove two of them... i'm packing =D

AND!!! the picture of the coffeecreamer is brilliant!
thank you again for this nice update... and i noticed that you didn't announce your next post... you're such a smart girl =D

have lots of fun with the second episode... i'll start to lobsterclaw for your vanilla coffeecreamer as soon as we got alana into american idol =D

12:57 AM  
Blogger Alana said...

That creamer looks aaawfully sad.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Hi Michelle! I just wanted to say that I can't WAIT until your show is airing!!! I just saw your short, "The Ten Rules" this past weekend and LOVED IT. Then my gf told me that you were doing a show Logo based on the film. So, now I've been sitting here in my cubicle at work, catching up on all I've missed in this blog :) I just came out this past year and have been laughing at how TRUE the 10 rules really are. Anyway, just wanna give you kudos for what you are doing and say that you are one funny lady! Look forward to seeing more!!!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot to pictures of vanilla coffee creamer, Yeah to me now going out to coffee shops in London trying to find out if it exists here… I'm beginning to think us Brits are really pretty dull when it comes to all things creamerish and dairy. We pretty much do whole milk, skimmed or semi skimmed, not even sure Starbucks will do the creamer thing but I’m making it my mission to find out!! (this is what happens when I’m on summer vacation from teaching and have time to play and be silly)…Yes, you really need something to decorate those walls, but hey, at least you have walls all your own to decorate.... Can’t wait to read next post and know what the title is….

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The post above was from me and my pc being odd... Francyne

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home