7.10.2006

back to the office

I guess the folks at the Good Earth restaurant finally got sick of us hogging their tables for hours on end and asked the powers-that-be at LOGO/MTV to give us our offices back... because we're moving over to the pink and purple walled building tomorrow!

Personally, I haven't minded working from restaurants, coffeeshops, and home... and I may even miss those 6 1/2 hour marathon sessions over breakfast and lunch at the Good Earth (no, I'm not joking - that's how long Billy and I were there today)... but it will be nice to be back in the office again. There's something official-feeling about having the badge, the parking access, and the never-ending stash of vanilla coffee creamer. :-)

Of course, the change in location won't affect the day-to-day work we're doing. We'll still be up to our eyeballs in story. It's been great! A lot of long, hard work... but this is the kind of work that will make the script-writing process faster and smoother. We've already figured out the basic character arcs for the first season, so now we're working on the broad strokes of each character's storylines for each episode. One of our meetings tomorrow is with the execs so they can give us their feedback on the character storylines we've already turned in (the other meeting is with a few of the people who will be doing the day-to-day production work for the show). Once we get the execs' feedback on our stories, we'll make any necessary changes, get their approval, and then launch into the detailed outlines for each episode. We're making progress!

So please keep checking back here for updates... I'm having a blast with this entire process and I can't wait to write more! Perhaps I can even be persuaded to send pictures of the pink and purple walls... ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger nico said...

TADAAAAAAAA... first post! =D

pink and purple walls would be great, but what became of the lamborghini?

=D and just because it's somesort of a thread... don't forget to put some toiletpaper on the walls before your photograph them =D

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like a picture of the infamous Vanilla coffee creamer please?? esp as being British I have no bloody idea what that actually is!!!!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

7/11/06
Yes, please, many,many pictures of whatever your heart desires.
Thanks for another great update.
It sounds like things are going well for you.
Is there any chance LOGO might show "Ten Rules" on it's "Click List?" I think it would be great exposure for the upcoming series (plus I could tape it for a friend who still has VHS, not DVD. I ordered the only VHS copy I could find from a seller on eBay's Half.com, but the darn thing appears to have been lost in the mail. Oh, well).
Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to more tales of vanilla coffee creamer, pink and purple walls, lamborghinis and toilet paper, just to mention a few.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

These pink and purple walls sound very... distracting. *eyes suspiciously* At least they would be for me. Hehe

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home