9.06.2006

progress report

Never fear, dear readers: I have not been absent from the blog because I've been buried with projects that require corporatetechnospeak (well, I have done some of that). But most of what I've been doing is writing for the show.

Which leads to never fear, part 2: The creative juices are flowing and are completely unaffected by the "day job." In fact, I can say with absolute certainty that none of your favorite characters will start talking about networking issues or IPv6...

That's the good news. The other good news is that I have some updates to share on a number of fronts. The Capricorn in me will now take over and present those updates to you in the form of a progress report, categorized by subject matter:

"RULES" PROGRESS REPORT
by Michelle Paradise

Title
Yes, we're much closer to having a title... but no, we don't have one yet. I can tell you, however, that it is NOT one of the following:
-- "Jennifer Likes Rules And Has Discovered Ten of Them"
-- "Jennifer's Heterosexual Marriage Woes"
-- "Lesbian Sluts from Hell"
-- "Happy Days"
-- "MASH"
-- "The Cosby Show"
Actually, we would have chosen one of the last three... but wouldn't you know it, they'd already been used. So, as soon as a title makes it through all of the various departments and clears legal - and, of course, as soon as the network gives us the okay to share it - I'll post it here! Stay tuned.

Scripts
Several days ago, we turned in our first completed script! It's for episode 2 and we've just gotten notes back from the network... we expect to be able to finalize (or mostly-finalize) that script by the end of this week. And on a complete sidenote, here's a bit of "inside" info for you that you may not know: TV scripts are "numbered" according to the season and the episode. So, for example, a script for season 1, episode 2 would be referred to as script #102. In the future, I will probably refer to scripts by number like that... so now you'll know what I'm talking about. :-)

And now that you're in-the-know, I can also give you the updates on the other scripts... as mentioned above, we'll be doing rewrites on 102 this week. We've also started writing the script for 103, the beat sheet for 104 has been approved, we're finishing up on the beat sheet for 105, and we're going to work on the beat sheet for 106 this week as well. Is your head spinning yet? Mine is! ;-)

Production Schedule
The specific details are still being worked out, but we're scheduled to shoot this November and December!! Can you believe it!! It's coming up fast... What else can I say about this except to repeat that it's coming up fast... Yikes! And yay!

Office
The fugly green chairs are still there, the walls are still blank, and my desk has not been moved to the other side of the room. So, basically, my office still looks exactly as it does in the picture I posted a few weeks ago because yours truly has been too busy writing to make any changes to it. Oh, actually, I take that back. I do have a new candle on my desk. And the whiteboards have new doodles on them, courtesy of Bill.

Vanilla Creamer
Please don't repeat this, as I enjoy my freedom and don't want to ever experience life behind bars. But I must confess that the coffee creamer situation is so bad that I have actually gone upstairs (twice!) to the second floor where our offices used to be, and have stolen creamer packages from their kitchen! No, they don't have vanilla creamer up there... they have hazelnut. But let me tell you, given the alternative, hazelnut is an excellent option.

And before you judge me as the sneaky thief I am, let me just ask this: What else was I supposed to do? They drove me to it! The kitchen on our floor doesn't have vanilla, hazelnut, or even non-flavored creamer! All they have is the powdered kind! (I believe I'm repeating myself... I think I already mentioned that in a previous post... forgive me... all those chemicals are going to my brain). Today I brought my own creamer from home. I can't work like this! How am I supposed to work like this???? Dammit I'll be in my trailer!!!!

Foosball
Okay, well, I'll come out of my trailer long enough to give you the foosball update: Bill and I played once. And I beat him. :-) In all fairness, though, my game-winning point came from sheer luck. I had no idea what I was doing.

Hmmm... actually, I think that's it for the progress report. If I've missed anything I should have updated, just let me know and I'll be sure to take care of it in the next post.

Until then, au revoir!

5 Comments:

Blogger nico said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! whywhywhywhywhy *throwing herself on the foor crying

why not "lesbian sluts from hell"??? it's an excellent title!!! give me at least "lesbian vampires from outter space" pleeeeeeease *bambieyes

1:49 PM  
Blogger nico said...

ok, i'm so sorry.. "lesbian vampires..." is taken.. also "scary bitches" (damn) but what about...

"rulated lifes"

"a simple guide to lesbianism" or is that called hood???

HAH! "lesbianism for dummys" maybe?

or what about "CODE L" ????

and where are all the others??? is me the only one left who cares here? hello???? janice? alana? francyne? anonym?

where are you????

=D

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

09/09/06
Damn, I'm late for the game again!!!
Michelle, I agree with nico's suggestions for titles (Janice waves to Michelle, nico and everyone else-with both arms yet, but the right one is still very sore, dammit!!)
It sounds like things are progressing at a rapid pace, Michelle. I don't suppose you'd let us send you some vanilla coffee creamer, or at least start up a fund for you so you can stock up?
Thanks for the update.
Janice

6:34 PM  
Blogger nico said...

naaaaaaaaaaaah - funds suck... i think we should build a ninja-force-swat... kidnap that bloody bastard who is responsible for stocking up the coffee creamer in the pressed-wood section ... and hmmmmmmmm "tickle" him a bit??? ... OOOH! that reminds me... at 30 years war, the swedes use goat-torture... they put the feet of their victims in salt and let a goat lick it off... *mwuahahaha... i think, as soon as we get a goat the coffee-creamer-trouble is history

*looking as innocent as possible and waving back at janice ... of course with both hands

3:17 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Howdy Michelle,
just ran across your blog here...you are as inspiring as ever. ;-) Keep fighting the good fight, etc etc and we eagerly await future opportunities to see you & your work on screens of all sizes.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home