pre-production, day 1

If I'd had the energy to post yesterday, I'd have told you all about the craziness involved in trying to write scripts at the office before racing home to pack, then cutting short the packing to implement more script notes, then racing to the airport to catch a flight, then flying into the night only to land in a place with cleaner air than L.A. (sorry, I can't say where we are) and then being whisked away to the hotel - cats in tow - where I will be living for the next few months. But by the time I got here and got settled, all I could do was unpack and go to bed. So you'll have to do with that Reader's Digest version of my day yesterday.

But here we are and our first full day of pre-production is behind us and it's been a bit of a whirlwind as pre-production and production always is. But in case you don't believe me, allow me to share with you my schedule from today:

8:30 - 9:00... picked up at hotel and whisked (a lot of whisking going on around here) to our production offices, where we finally met some of the people we've been talking to over the phone for the past month; they're all quite lovely

got settled in offices until...

9:30 - 10:45... interviewed potential assistants with Billy and Lee; we met some really great people and hopefully one will start very soon

wrote in our free moments until...

11:30 - noon... interviewed costume designer

wrote, wrote, wrote until...

1:00... lunch at desk while writing a mini character bio for our production team

1:30 - 2:00... interviewed second costume designer

2:00 - 2:15... "interview recap" meeting with team

2:30 - 3:30... walked around sound stage (conveniently located beneath our offices) with production designer

wrote, wrote, wrote until...

6:00... left for dinner with Billy, Lee, Pam (our network exec), and one of our producers

7:00 - 9:00... an excellent dinner, I must say

And now, here I am, back in my hotel room and writing, writing, writing in this blog. The day seemed busy - but I'm assured this is nothing compared to how busy it will get. :-)

It's all great by me, though... this is really exciting! And a lot of fun. So stay tuned for more updates! As for me, though, I'm going to stop writing, writing, writing now... I'll have plenty of that waiting for me in the morning. ;-)


Blogger nico said...

i hope this clean air will not affect your writing skills. if you mention any seriousity appearances, you have to find yourself a nice big car and get some deep breaths directly from the exhaust pipe...promise!

and watch out, these things get hot!

waving at janice =D

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Janice said...

Wow, are we lucky or what? Two posts in less than a week! Thanks, Michelle. The updates are always appreciated.
A couple of questions. Did the cats fly in the plane with you from L.A. to the unnamed city, or did you pick them up (rather, did they pick you up) after you landed? Are they used to flying? Staying in hotels? Are they spoiled?
Ok, enough of the silly comments from me.
I'm glad that all is well and the "unnamed" program seems to be progressing in a timely manner. I'm looking forward to the final product.
Take care, ya'll!
waves back at nico.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home