3.08.2006

a long overdue update...

Okay... okay... it's been a while... I know... Several weeks, in fact, since I last put up a post. I'd like to say it's because I've been vacationing in the Bahamas but in my posting-absence, I've actually participated in several other rounds of producers' cuts and network notes sessions. Let's just say that we've recently spent more time with our editor than with anyone else on the planet.

But you don't care about that! You want an update! You have questions! What's the project status? Who are the actors? What music are we using? Do we still have vanilla coffee creamer?

To make things interesting, I'll answer all of those questions (and perhaps others you haven't asked) in reverse order...

First, the coffee creamer: I'm happy to report that Mr. Joe still has a box of single-serving vanilla coffee creamer packages on his desk for our use--and only our use. I emphasize that point because in the past, when the creamer in the kitchen got down to frighteningly low levels, there were some (I refuse to name names...or provide descriptions in the event that I don't know their names) who gazed longingly from their coffee cups to the tempting box of creamer on Joe's desk. There were others who even dared to take action, sneaking into Joe's cubicle to swipe a creamer or two. But Joe caught on to their schemes and he now comes to work every day with his 12-gauge, cowboy hat, boots 'n spurs, and a package of chewing tobacco. No one has tried to swipe creamer from us since.

And that, my friends, is just one of the reasons we love Joe.

Second, the music: We've been using a variety of music in the presentation... some I brought in, some Lee brought in, and some came through the music libraries that are available to LOGO/MTV. They range from artists on smaller indie labels that you may never have heard of to some things you may be quite familiar with. Our execs are also looking at the possibility of having a music supervisor help us out a bit for this presentation. We'll see. But regardless, we're going to have some great stuff in there! You'll have to stay tuned for what that stuff is, though... because at the moment I can't give details.

Third, the actors: Well, our cast is pretty diverse in terms of their experience... some faces you'll recognize from their work in other projects; some you won't. As for the "names" you may know, well, Megan Cavanagh is rejoining us (she played one of the characters in the original short film). We're also working with the incredibly talented Heather Matarazzo. If you check either of them out on imdb, they'll definitely look familiar to you. And of course, you know me. Or, at least, you should by now, or why the hell are you bothering to read this blog? ;-)

Finally, the project status: Today, we finished our fourth (yes, fourth!) round of edits. This version is being burned to DVD at this very moment for tomorrow's review by our network execs... The things we've been changing lately have been at the "tweak" level (looping lines, cutting time, changing takes, etc.), which means they're happy with how the basic story stuff is coming out, which means it's pretty close to being done! Any changes after this version will be our last, since our delivery date is next week...

Yes, you read that correctly. I can't believe it either!! As of next week, we'll be done. Finished. Totally.

And then the waiting will begin.

Whew...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update. It sounds like things are going as well as they possibly can.
Good luck! I've got all my fingers and all my toes crossed (well, not really, but it sounds good :))and hope to see "The Rules" on Logo some time in the near future.
Ok, so now I'm gonna watch "The Ten Rules" for only the second time, and have some more belly laughs.
Take care!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home