1.30.2006

Day 1...

Day 1 was an absolute success!!! We got all of our shots, everything looked beautiful, and everyone on set was mellow and seemed to be having a good time. You can't ask for anything more than that. :-)

Now for the details... Well, the day started VERY early for me, with my alarm going off at 4am so I could be ready to leave by 4:45am to get to set by 5:30. When I arrived, I was told that the hair/makeup trailer wouldn't be there for about an hour or so because the wrong one had been delivered over the weekend. Oops. But fortunately, that was the only glitch in an otherwise seamless day (and it didn't even affect us too much because we couldn't start shooting until the sun rose anyway -- and, the trailer company made up for the error by giving the trailer to us for free!... which is only interesting to the EP in me; the actor in me was just happy to have more time with my coffee). ;-)

Anyhow, after enjoying breakfast and finally making it through hair/makeup, we shot our first scene of the day, which is actually also the first scene of the pilot. It was just me and the fabulously talented (and super sweet) Heather, who plays my assistant... next up was a best-friend-bonding scene between me and the fabulously talented (and super sweet) Marnie, who plays my closest confidante, Sam. And then finally, a shot of me at a fireplace and then some atmosphere shots and inserts of other people at the end of the day. On paper, it doesn't seem like a lot... but believe it or not, those handful of scenes were quite a full day and I was on set for pretty much all of it. In fact, the only times I wasn't working were during breakfast, during lunch, and when I had to change my wardrobe. Whew!

It was all so much fun!!! Everyone's really happy with what we're getting (both in terms of shots and performance). And it was amazing to me to be on a set with that many people, looking at all the things I wrote down finally coming to life... It's a wonderful experience. I feel very fortunate.

And now, since I have to be back on set at 5:15am, I'm going to end today's report by answering some of the questions that you may be wondering about...

Question #1: Yes, there's plenty of coffee and creamer on set.
Question #2: Yes, a final decision was made about the bunny in the green green grass...
Question #3: No, I can't tell you what the "bunny" actually is yet; I can, however, give you the inside scoop that the bunny does not wink, nor is it a cartoon "bunny." We went with a picture of the real deal and it looks great!

And finally, some pictures for you to enjoy... The first is from the very first scene we shot today (which also happens to be the first scene of the pilot); the second is of me with my new love, the fuzzy boom mic.



And the two below are of the fabulous production design team turning a corner of a cafe into my character's bedroom! The magic of filmmaking, folks...



Stay tuned! More posts (and pics) to come!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh, pics....

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home