1.28.2006

office politics... an update

Someone's been reading my blog...

How do I know this? Well, I forgot to mention this in yesterday's post, but when I walked into the office yesterday morning, there were not only freshly stacked stacks of cups; there was also...

A BRAND NEW BOX OF VANILLA COFFEE CREAMER!

I tipped over in shock. Thankfully, Jessica and Abbie raced out of their offices and caught me just before my head hit the floor (they said they were concerned for my well being...but really, I think they were worried about what it would do to the budget to have the show's lead actor miss the first day of shooting due to a concussion).

Anyhow, after I recovered, I realized that this is a big deal!!! Apparently, those of us working in the building with the rainbow-rific hodge-podge of red and purple walls are no longer considered the drooling, bastard step-children of those working in the buildings with more reasonably colored walls. With our inventiveness, resourcefulness, and unwillingness to let the Corporate Coffee Man get us down, I guess we've proven ourselves worthy of having our own creamer again.

But let me state for the record that although I appreciate such a change of heart, I will steadfastly continue to use only our vanilla coffee creamer -- not just out of loyalty to our production; but out of loyalty to the intrepid Mr. Joe, who took such pains to procure said coffee creamer for us (well, for me).

Now if you'll excuse me, my coffee's waiting...

Note: For those of you who have no idea why vanilla coffee creamer is such a big deal and what coffee creamer has to do with office politics, please see the post entitled "Office Politics."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home