2.08.2006

what now?

So what have I been up to since the end of shooting, you may ask? The answer: dailies, dailies, and more dailies!

I've been spending a lot of time looking at dailies and picking out which takes are my personal favorites... In the meantime, our editor (the amazing Barry) has been hard at work on his cut of the pilot presentation. Lee is going to be working with him starting tomorrow and by early next week we should have her cut. Then Billy and I will give our notes. And when it's all said and done, we should have our final version to turn into the network execs by next Friday. Hooray!!!

And what am I doing when I'm not watching dailies, you may also ask? The answer: stories, stories, and more stories!

Seeing what the actresses brought to their roles has inspired me to re-think where some of the characters were going to go (and what they were going to do) over the course of the first season, and so I've been brainstorming new story ideas. It's been a blast. I've realized how much the casting process really plays into the story process. When you write a character just out of your head, you may write her one way... but then seeing the qualities that the actress possesses (and which of those qualities she brings to her role) can shift the way you create that character from episode to episode. It's fun...

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm heading back to that fun... :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about some internal feelings; what's it like to wait while network people, who might have missed their morning coffee, determine the fate of all this work?

San Diego fan

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home