8.03.2007

Alison Bechdel interview

Believe it or not, I did make it home alive from Comic Con... it's just been such a busy week that I haven't had time to post about my interview with Alison Bechdel. More on what's happening in my world later (and there's A LOT to report, folks!), but for now let's move on to all things Alison.

The interview went great! We chatted about everything from her comic strip, Dykes to Watch Out For, to her book, Fun Home, to how she felt about being nominated for three - yes, three! - Eisner awards. In case you're not familiar with the Eisners, they're the equivalent of an Academy Award or an Emmy Award for the comic community. A hearty congrats to Alison, who won for Best Reality-Based Work.

The interview will be posted on Velvet Park sometime soon. I don't know exactly when, so keep checking their site for updates.

Oh, and by the way, at the end of my interview, Alison turned the tables and interviewed me! So be sure to check Velvet Park for that, too.

In the meantime, here are some photos from after the interview. The lovely gentleman in the second photo is Kent, from Velvet Park. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

08/03/2007
Kewl!!!
Michelle, you're such a busy lady, when do you have any time to sleep???

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home