7.24.2007

upcoming interview...

Only this time, I'll be the one doing the interviewing!

I'm happy to announce that this Friday, I'll be at Comic Con in San Diego to interview Alison Bechdel for Velvet Park. In case you don't know Alison's work, you should definitely check out her site. She's an incredibly talented artist/cartoonist/writer whose bestselling graphic novel "Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic" won oodles of awards - including #1 Best Book of the Year from Time.

Check back here for updates after Friday. And I promise, I'll come up with something better to say to her than: "Um, hi, I love your work." Even though that's true. :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

07/25/2007
Gosh, you are such a busy lady!!
I'm familiar with Alison Bechdel from getting "LC" for many years, although I admit I'm guilty of not reading "Dykes to Watch Out For" (bad Janice!!).
I wasn't familiar with "Velvet Park," though.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to your comments about the interview.
Take care!!

4:43 PM  
Blogger nico said...

BAD JANICE!!! in deed ... wow, this is great =D i love dtwo and fun home is just great, say hi from me. (but don't tell her you're listed over her on my blog)

and as long as you don't join the blue men group i am fine with any facial colour you're wearing

waving to the neglectorette (yes you janice)

(hmmmmmmm, it seems, today is a brackett day)

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home