7.17.2007

the update

At long last, the update on the Diana Cage show... Essentially, I can give it to you in one word: GREAT!

I had a lot of fun talking with Diana about the genesis of "Exes & Ohs," what's changed from the short film to the series, what it was like shooting in Vancouver, and why (SPOILER ALERT!) I made my character, Jennifer, a CIA assassin who infiltrates the Seattle music scene to apprehend a rogue double-agent masking as a DJ.

On a sidenote, the interesting thing about doing a radio interview is that it's like having a normal phone conversation, except that you know thousands or millions of people are listening in (no pressure!). When we did the interview, I was at home, Marnie was on her cell outside a restaurant, and Diana was in her studio in New York. Ah, the power of modern technology...

But back to the interview... So, other than the Jen-is-a-CIA-agent revelation (which was totally my fault and the network will kill me for letting it slip out), we didn't talk about any plot specifics. Diana was careful not to ask - and Marnie and I were careful not to mention - anything that might actually be a spoiler. So the good news is that Diana has asked us to come back on her show after "Exes & Ohs" airs so that we can talk specifics and spoilers! YAY! Stay tuned for more information about that.

And stay tuned right here for another post very soon. You've asked questions, made comments, and I think it's high time I respond to some of them...

But before I end this post, I'd like to give a hearty shout-out to Diana, Kathy, and the rest of the team at the Diana Cage show. Thank you for having us - and we look forward to talking with you again soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

You can't be serious about that spoiler. Sorry, but it sounds really lame, which is totally not what I was expecting. The short film is my number one favorite short film, and I'm now worried that the series will not be able to live up to the kernel of brilliance that was in the film.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

07/17/07
Thanks for the latest news in your busy life.
Jen a CIA assassin, uh huh, sure, yeah, riiight...:-)
Don't worry, anna. Michelle won't disappoint us.
Ya'll have a great week.

8:28 PM  
Blogger nico said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok, you are finding me on the floor, rolling around laughing my little ass off ... i just remember jennifer's dancing scene ... god, this dj mascerade will be a blast ... HAH, can feel another laughing attack creeping up ... *sigh ... the only thing that i'm not sure of is ... is anna's comment serious? i mean it could all be because i am spoiled by the excellent writing of miss paradise that i don't get the touch of irony in it ... i am sorry dear, but you have to work on that (anna, not michelle)

and finally we have nice weather over here again, so i am in a very good mood and send out big gay hugs to everyone and doing a nice jennifer baker memorial dance =D

2:07 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Totally serious.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous BBQ Recipes said...

Thanks for this blog posst

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home