4.04.2007

Dinah recap

The Dinah Shore weekend was a HUGE success!! I had a fantastic time, did a lot of work, and really got the word out about "Exes & Ohs." Thank you to all who attended - and to all of you who are attending vicariously by reading this blog.

What did I do all weekend, you may ask? Well, let me tell you... My weekend consisted of appearances, press interviews, photo shoots, and on-stage announcements where I got to do things like introduce the very talented musician Sarah Bettens. I also filmed some hysterical (if I do say so myself) material for use on the Logo web site. You'll have to stay tuned to the site to see those clips, but I'll give you a little hint: A couple of them involve me and some very surprised strangers...

One of the most exciting events took place on Sunday in the Logo Lounge (a really cool hang-out space set up by Logo with huge tv screens, tables, couches, and a bar). There, I got to screen the "Exes & Ohs" opening credits - and the first few minutes of the pilot episode!! It was such a thrill for me to finally get to show off some of what we've all been working on so hard for so long... and it certainly didn't hurt that the event was packed! Also, my Q&A that followed, which was scheduled to last 15 minutes at the most, ended up going at least twice as long! It was great to see the enthusiastic response our show is already getting. Yours truly took photos and signed autographs afterward - and hey, I even got flashed by someone wearing a bikini and two strategically placed Logo pasties!

Anne Stockwell (editor of The Advocate) was at the event and posted some photos from the Q&A online. If you'd like to see them, just click here. On that page, you can also view some of her other photos from the Dinah - and you'll see what a terrible, terrible time she and all the other attendees were having this past weekend... ;-)

As I find out about other photos/interviews from the Dinah, I'll post them here for you to see.

But for now, it's back to work! We have episodes to finish, music to choose, sounds to listen to, and a never-ending stream of FedEx packages to sign for! Woo hoo!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog and pix. Really enjoy Magneta Lane and "Constant Lover" with your opening credits. Keep up the terrific work and remember to shower often.

6:01 PM  
Blogger nico said...

ok, let me get a bit motherly here =D

girl you look extremely happy and proud, but a bit stressed too ... honey you have to eat. promise me, after the promotion thing is over, you'll gain a few pounds ok? pah, don't tell me about bad lighting ;D

same to you janice ... do you eat enough? i wanna see pictures ... *sigh, if you don't take care of the kids

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for you that it was recieved so well.....

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home